Sunday, August 14, 2011

Courtney's Banana Muffins

My college roommate sent me this recipe this morning. I am posting it without trying it, but I trust her completely when she says they were yummy.

(Okay, so I finally made these and they were so tasty. I added some grain-sweetened chocolate chips, about 1/2 cup and used almond milk to cut some of the dairy. I stirred in half the nuts to the second batch of muffins only so my littles would eat them. They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe Courtney)
Happy Sunday!

Banana (Nut) Muffins

yields 12 muffins or 3 mini-loaves

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about three small bananas)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Preheat the oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with paper wrappers (or grease) and set on a silicone lined sheet. Set aside.

In a mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add bananas, milk, lemon and vanilla and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients (sift if you're feeling motivated) and gently mix in. Mix in nuts (or reserve to sprinkle on top). Use a medium ice cream scoop to portion batter into muffin tins (about 2/3 full). Bake for 20-25 minutes (35-40 for mini loaves), let cool, and enjo

No comments:

Post a Comment